By Vicki Arkoff
Let the teen celebrity swag gifting downpour begin! The Teen Choice Awards takes place on July 22, 2012, airing on Fox 8 – 10 pm ET live, so Hollywood’s army of designers, jewelers and beauty mavens are furiously gathering their wares to coif the naturally-young and beautiful. For free.
One of the gift organizers is Hollywood Baskets, a local year-round gifting service, which has thoughtfully edited Teen Choice Awards gift baskets for the show presenters and nominees – including Miley Cyrus, Zooey Deschanel, Zac Efron, Justin Beiber and girlfriend Selena Gomez, Jordin Sparks, Miranda Cosgrove, Victoria Justice, Zoe Saldana, Channing Tatum, “Twilight” couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson, and show co-hosts Demi Lovado and “Glee”‘s Kevin McHale.
Each gift bag put together for the celebrities is special, suggests Lisa Gal, founder of Hollywood Baskets. "We like to send new, cutting edge products to the celebrities, but at the same time we want to spread the word about people who selflessly make a difference in the lives of others.”
This year the Hollywood Basket gift spotlights "Polished Girlz," a grass-roots charity founded two years ago by 12-year-old Alanna J. Walls, a pre-teen with a big heart. Her team of volunteers travels to hospitals to brighten up little patients' days by cheerfully polishing their nails.
Oddly, there are no nail polishes in the celebrity gift bag. The hair and beauty items do, however, include:
· Nuvosa Skincare, FiaFini Skincare, and Neydharting Moor Skincare to ensure celebrity skin is youthful and glowing.
· Bliss healing body balm to soothe dry summer skin.
· Tone Fruit Peel Body Wash to exfoliate the skin.
· Moodylicious Children's Spa lip glosses in bubblegum and pina colada.
· Makeup For Ever lipstick colors in a variety of shades.
· Heaven's Makeup Bar gift certificates for services at their new Burbank salon (for nominees only).
· Herban Essentials are giving celebrities scented towelettes.
· BikiniBands will keep the celebs safe from accidental bikini faux pas.
· John Masters Organics added their honey and hibiscus hair reconstructor for luscious locks.
· Kam N Co designed their gorgeous hair ties in a variety of colors.
Fashion accessories include:
· Post Cereal brand Sugar Bear t-shirts.
· Happy Socks will keep feet fashionable.
· Table-It gives a new spin on the traditional purse hanger, keeping handbags safe and clean, and functioning as a handbag adornment.
· Spirit Hoods is giving cool faux fur headpieces to nominees and their children.
· WOW Hangers, a jewelry organizing system.
· BottleHood jewelry made from recycled spirit bottles.
· Shirts from Varsity.
And to entertain the ears, eyes and taste buds:
· CDs of new Capitol Records artists Tristan Prettyman and Graffiti6.
· Carla Masterson-signed copies of her book "What's on the Other Side of the Rainbow."
· American Cheerleader magazine.
· Sweet Revolution Caramels for a treat without corn syrup or cane sugar.
· Justin's, Larabar, and Late July Organics energy snacks.
And when all that runs out or runs its course, it won’t be long until Hollywood Baskets does it all over again, gifting celebrities backstage at upcoming events for MY FM BIG Night Out with Kelly Clarkson, and for Fortune Magazine's top 40 under 40.
* * *
NEXT WEEK: Inside a Teen Choice Awards gifting suite at the SLS Hotel with “The George Lopez Show” actress Masiela Lusha.